Sunday, April 24, 2011

Water, water everywhere

I know this is my second posting today, but this truly warrants its own space.  I was busy in the kitchen preparing Easter dinner, the girls were in their rooms getting a head start on their schoolwork for the week, and Thomas was out helping Tom with some boat maintenance ... i.e- boy work.  Tom comes down below to check all the guages and pumps, etc while Thomas was outside filling the water tank.  Water costs 50 cents a gallon here, because of the cost of desalination and purification.  Thomas was making sure not to overflow the tank and waste any costly water.  We have all become experts at conserving water!!   Tom comes down below and says, "I think my water guage and waste guage are confused.  I know the waste tank was not full and Thomas just filled the water tank and the guages are reversed." So Tom goes in and out several times, checking different things....  And then," OH SH(oot)!  Thomas just filled the waste tank with water!!!!! He topped that baby right off!!!"
Oh dear, to me that means no using the bathroom until we can empty the waste tank-sometime tomorrow.   It is a good thing it is a short walk down the dock to the restroom. It looks like we will be taking Cookie, the kids and ourselves out to the end of the dock tonight before bed.
All part of this grand adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment