Monday, November 8, 2010

Lorraine today

Friday Nov. 5.
We visited with some friends of Tom's pilot friend, Saul. They were so welcoming and fun to see again.
We had met them a few years ago and rented their home in Ocean Reef. They built a beautiful new home here and they invited us over for a swim.  We showed up just as they were eating a  late lunch.  She insisted that we join them- there is no refusing a meal!!! She grew up in Greece and to decline lunch, although we had already eaten, would have been a true offense. About halfway through the day, I realized she thought my name was Lorraine. She must have thought I was dumb, or deaf, because she had to call me multiple times before I would answer.  We were laughing about it and one of the kids said, Mom why didn't you just correct her?  I answered, she offered us her pool, her car , her house for laundry facilities- she can call me whatever she wants!!  It isn't so bad to be named after a  yummy quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment